Michael Mills, sole-proprietor of EDGE Personal Training, is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) via the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). Michael inaugurated his career in Fitness by working at one of Los Angeles’ premiere fitness clubs – Equinox Fitness, Pasadena. As a core requirement, Michael extensively studied Equinox’s comprehensive academic cirriculum – termed Equinox Fitness training Institute (EFTI). His studies and workshops included: anatomy, exercise physiology, bio-mechanics, BoSU/Stability Training, and Kettle Bell Training. As Michael advanced through the progressive curriculum, his interest in exercise science grew into a hardened passion that later provided the foundation for his unique Fitness Philosophy.
Current Certifications and Accreditations:
- BS Kinesiology (with honors), University of Southern California.
- NSCA Certified Personal Trainer (CPT).
- New Leaf Metabolic Training Certified.
- Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor (CMTA) – Level 1.
- NSCA’s: Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
- 4 year program with Paul Chek’s: Corrective High-performance Exercise Kinesiologist (C.H.E.K.) certification.
Michael’s comprehensive education is complimented by his personal and professional integrity; always practicing first, preaching second. Respectively, he continuously strives to devise training programs that are both scientifically sound and practical for his clients’ development.
Michael’s academic portfolio and proficiencies includes a wide variety of organic health, metabolic nutrition, and athletic and functional fitness perspectives that ultimately facilitate his distinction as a Holistic Personal Trainer.